The Studio • Ramsey's FITP Team • Star Service • Wardrobe • Awards and Credentials
The ultimate vintage pinup photo shoot experience!
The perfect treat for yourself, the perfect gift for a lover! Established in 2008, Flash in the Past Studio (FITP) brings vintage pinup photography to ages 18 and over, all shapes and sizes, and no experience is necessary. The ultimate starlet photo shoot experience bringing you fine pinup artwork by photographer, Ramsey Borrego. Multiple package options, over 50 shoot theme options, full vintage wardrobe, full vintage prop supply, full vintage transformations, one-on-one coached sessions ... and that's just the start.
Primarily studio and part beauty counter, Winkwell. FITP outgrew
two locations before landing in downtown Tucson.
We buy/sell/trade vintage clothing pre-1969.
Authorized Besame Cosmetics, Pinup Girl Clothing, and Atomic Swag retailer.
Contact us at 520-304-0691 for a studio tour at
43 S. 6th Avenue, Tucson, Arizona, 85701. Open by appointment only.
Ramsey's FITP Team
Introducing the best in the art of pinup photography!
Behind the camera: Say cheese ... cake! Entrepreneur and vintage pinup photographer, Ramsey Borrego.
"I will give you the full experience of a classic starlet's day on set, not just another photo shoot." - Ramsey Borrego
Meet the FITP team:
Ramsey Borrego: Founder, Photographer, Wardrobe Stylist • Kelly Estes: Lead MUA • Natasha Noir: Lead Vintage Hair Stylist, MUA • Donna Dungan: On-location Assistant
Assistant HMUAs: Lark Bahar and Jennifer Swineford
Guest HMUA Credentials: Danielle Rousseau, Nora Petty, and Kate Selby
Hello Monroe! This is far more than just a photo shoot!
Watch the classics, listen to Sinatra, sip on champagne, and put on our star robe while we transform your look!
The Notorious Bettie Page, Up In Mabel's Room, Hollywood and Vine, Some Like It Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Girl Happy, Behave Yourself, Breakfast At Tiffany's, The Seven Year Itch, Viva Las Vegas, The Great Gatsby, and more!
Champagne served for all packages valued at $380 and up (must request when booking your shoot date). Complimentary bottled water and wrapped candies always served!
The rumors are true! Our wardrobe is simply superb!
From classic-Hollywood to retro-atomic; our vintage clothing collection consists of high fashion dresses, bathing suits, lingerie, tops, bottoms, stage costumes, furs, shoes, hats, gloves, and more! ...best of all, 90% is authentic vintage! You'll be wearing a piece of the past!
Clothing that is not authentic vintage is either a custom-made reproduction or is by the best vintage-inspired designers: Bettie Page/Tatyana Clothing, Stop Staring Clothing, What Katie Did, Pinup Girl Clothing, and Secrets In Lace.
We use our wardrobe supply only for all of our photo shoots (see details under 'Guidelines'). Hundreds of items to choose from!
FITP Starlet Collection:
A few selections within are wardrobe require an additional charge to wear due to the rarity of the item:
• Marilyn Monroe Catalina Velvet Bathing Suit: Absolutely stunning, wing-bust, turquoise velvet, Catalina bathing suit modeled by Marilyn Monroe in 1953. This is the exact model suit as the suit worn by Monroe in a series of her featured pinup photos. This is your chance to wear one of the world's most sought after bathing suits! +$50
• Marilyn Monroe Catalina Laced Bathing Suit: Absolutely stunning, wing-bust, black velvet, black lace with nude illusion, Catalina bathing suit modeled by Marilyn Monroe in 1949. This is the exact model suit as the suit worn by Monroe in a series of her featured pinup photos. Channel your inner Marilyn Monroe! +$50
• Jayne Mansfield Cole Bathing Suit: Shimmer in this striking, silver lame Cole of California bathing suit modeled by Jayne Mansfield in the late 1950s. This is the exact model suit as the suit worn by Jayne in a series of her featured pinup photos. This is your chance to wear it in your choice of silver (just like Jayne) or gold ... that's right, we have it in both color options! +$50
• "Starlight" Rose Marie Reid Bathing Suit: Rose Marie created the “Starlight” swimsuit that featured sequins that the Relief Society sisters in Los Angeles sewed by hand to help raise profits for the construction of the Los Angeles California Temple. The suit was extremely popular and in 1956 Life Magazine ran a spread about the suit’s success (Jayne Mansfield was photographed in a Starlight). This is your chance to wear it in your choice of starburst or striped ... that's right, we have it in both design options! +$50
• 1920s Hollywood Beaded Gown, Replica: Made by the designers of the era gowns in Oscar winning film 'The Artist' (2012) for Best Costume Design, film 'The Great Gatsby' (2013) and other roles such as the 'American Horror Story' television series. This is your chance to wear a taste of Oscar glamour! +$40
• Mad Men Lady Marlene Merry Widow: Wear the exact model lingerie as the lingerie worn by Betty Draper (January Jones) in the Mad Men television series! See it for yourself in an early episode in the first season of Man Men, in which Betty and her husband Don (Jon Hamm) celebrate Valentine's Day! +$40
• Ann-Margret Stage Costume Set of 2: The ultimate within our collection! By Bob Mackie/Elizabeth Courtney Hollywood. Worn by Ann-Margret in her exclusive NBC stage show, Vogue, and in her famous motorcycle photograph by Douglas Kirkland. Petite, XXS. +$500
Awards and Credentials
Academy Award Nominee Mark Mori announced Ramsey Borrego as "The next Bettie Page" (12.13) / Rebel Pinup Blog 2012's Top Twelve Pinups (12.12) / Multiple features within Rebel Pinup Blog (10-14) / The Pinup Magazine's Photography Spotlight Feature (2.14) / Bettie Page Tatyana Clothing 'Ramsey' Feature (3.14) / 12th Annual Möda Provŏcateūr Fashion Show Feature (3.14) / Downtown Tucson Partnership Feature (8.14) / Arizona Daily Star Feature (9.14) / Viva Las Vegas Weekender Program Feature (4.16) / Retro Lovely Magazine's October Cover (10.19)